To check the rules for a specific water:
Angling rules and regulations apply to all Tasmanian inland waters and can change from water to water.
The rules include:
- Angling licence — if you need a licence and how much it will cost
- Season dates and times — when you can fish.
- Bag and size limits — how many fish you can take and how big they need to be.
- Allowed angling methods — what you can use to catch fish and where you can use it.
- The seaward limit — the boundary between inland and State (marine) waters.
These rules and regulations are summarised on this website. Complete versions of the legislation can be viewed on line at legislation.tas.gov.au