Some inland waters reach the end of their 2019-20 season
Yesterday saw many inland waters come to the end of their 2019-20 season.
Waters managed for rainbow trout closed:
- Dee Lagoon
- Junction Lake
- Lake Meston
- Lake Rowallan
- Lake Skinner
- Lake Youd
- Mersey River above Lake Rowallan
- River Leven upstream of Loongana Road
- Weld rivers (both North and South)
It was the end of the first year of the river season extension trial, closing:
- Brumbys Creek downstream from Weir 1 to the Macquarie River (Note: the day use facilities are currently closed).
- Macquarie River downstream from the junction with Brumbys Creek to the South Esk River.
- Meander River downstream from Strath Bridge (on the C735) to the South Esk River
- South Esk River downstream from the bridge on Storys Creek Road at Avoca to Beams Hollow upstream of Lake Trevallyn, delineated by a straight line between grid reference 506358E 5406426N and 506467E 5406414N.
And Lakes Mackintosh and Rosebery closed.
But it is not the end of fishing for the 2019-20 season. There are many waters open all year. You can find the full list on our website, along with information about fishing during the Roadmap to Recovery.