Come along to Trout Weekend at Liawenee, yingina/Great Lake
Come and see the brown trout on their annual spawning migration in Tasmania’s central highlands.
- Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 May 2019
- 10am – 3pm daily
- Entry by donation, money raised will support the Fisheries Habitat Improvement Fund Inc.
There is something for the whole family at Trout Weekend, its not just for anglers!
- Watch wild trout being stripped of eggs
- Learn about fisheries management
- Kids can try their luck at the junior angling pond and maybe catch a trout for dinner
- Pick up some tips (and have a taste) at the trout cooking and smoking demonstrations
- Discover the wonders of our native freshwater species
- Take a helicopter ride and get a bird’s eye view of the Central Plateau and yingina/Great Lake
- Talk with trout fishing experts & practice your casting skills
- Discuss and buy fishing equipment at the trade exhibits
- Learn about the World Fly Fishing Championship coming to Tasmania in 2019
Trout Weekend 2019 is an alcohol, smoking and dog free event