Rowallan power station upgrade works
Rowallan power station is due for upgrade works and you may see some impact at Hydro Tasmania's recreational sites and on the roads. They anticipate the project will take approximately 12 months, from January 2023 to January 2024. This work may impact anglers in the following ways:
Lake Rowallan and Lake Parangana campgrounds and boat ramps
- Potential closure of Lake Rowallan campground if water levels at Lake Rowallan rise significantly. The boat ramp will likely remain open.
- Potential closure of Lake Parangana campground and boat ramp if water levels at Lake Parangana rise significantly.
Hydro will circulate information if either of these sites close. You can also stay up to date with what’s happening at their recreational sites by visiting www.hydro.com.au/things-to-do/visitor-information-and-safety/alerts-for-visitors.
Traffic impacts - there will be increased truck movement and at times, slow moving traffic along the following routes (during business hours):
- Gowrie Park to Mersey Forest, along Claude and Olivers Road
- Between Mersey Forest and Lake Rowallan, along Mersey Forest Rd
- From Mersey Forest to Deloraine, along Liena and Mole Creek Rd
- Rowallan power station to Cambridge – minimal impact on traffic is expected
Access to Rowallan Dam will be shut to ensure the public is kept safe.
Thank you for your patience while Hydro complete this important upgrade work.