Come along to Trout Weekend at Liawenee, yingina/Great Lake
Come and see hundreds of brown trout on their annual spawning migration in Tasmania’s central highlands.
Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 May 2017
10am – 3pm daily
There is something for the whole family at Trout Weekend, its not just for anglers!
- Watch wild trout being stripped of eggs for the IFS hatchery
- Kids can try their luck at the junior anglers pond and maybe catch a trout for dinner!
- Discover the wonders of our native freshwater species
Pick up some tips & ideas at the trout cooking demonstrations
- Take a helicopter ride and get a bird’s eye view of the Central Plateau and yingina/Great Lake
- Enjoy refreshments, competitions and giveaways
- Learn about fisheries management
- Talk with trout fishing experts and practice your casting skills
- Discuss (& dream about!) boats and fishing equipment at the trade exhibits.
Trout Weekend 2017 is an alcohol, smoking and dog free event
At Trout Weekend visitors can....
discuss fisheries management issues
watch trout being stripped of eggs
obtain information and purchase souvenirs
enjoy success in the junior anglers pond
use radio tracking equipment to locate a model Eurpoean carp
take in the views of yingina/Great Lake and beyond from a helicopter